-fresh basil, as little or as much as you like
-2 medium eggplants (1 1/2 lbs total) cut into 1/4 inch rounds
-2 cans (28 oz each) whole peeled tomatoes, pureed
-at least 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
-1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
-1/2 cup grated parmesan, divided
-1 cup flour
-3 eggs, slightly beaten
-1 cup vegetable oil
-1 lb fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1. take your eggplant slices and toss with 2 teaspoons of salt and let it sit for 15 minutes in a colander.
2. in a medium pot, bring tomatoes and garlic to a boil and then reduce heat and cook at rapid simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. in a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of the parm cheese with salt and pepper. put flour and eggs in two more dishes. coat the eggplant on the flour, then egg, then breadcrumb mix.
4. prehead oven to 400 and in a large skillet, fry the eggplant until golden brown and tender, like 3 minutes each side.
5. in a 9x13 baking dish put 1 cup of the sauce on the bottom, then half of the eggplant, slightly overlapping, two cups of sauce, sprinkle some basil, then half of the mozz. repeat with the rest of the eggplant, sauce and mozz. sprinkle the remainder of the parm on top.
6. bake until its all bubbly and cheese is golden, like 25 minutes.
boil some spaghetti if you want while it cools, its good with or without it!
eat up! :)
at 10:50 AM
when she ordered it, the man at the drive thru told her that they didn't sell those and she was all, yeah y'all do it's on the menu! so after he spoke to someone he was like oh yeah oops and i was the very first customer of the season at this mcdonalds to get one. not exactly something to be proud of but let me have this anyway.
normally i cringe that they have anything christmas related in october but i'm really okay with this being out now. i can't wait to make my own.
at 12:10 AM
left to right: // fresh guac (they made it at the table!) // accidental photo inception // skinny dip // farm scores // fall fashion (finally!) // trader joes // naps with buzz // the best ice cream // a new friend
also, my favourite photo of cohen that i've snapped this week. he's so cool.
at 9:02 AM
there is something really special about a mommy son date. we are always together, trips to target, nature walks and such, but lunch dates are my personal favourite. they include the two most important things to me... the prince and food. hehe. we went to moes and then got some frozen yogurt. cohen is the sweetest little date, he even fed me a chip and i love that we get a chance to talk, like really talk. i'm so lucky.
i caught a super great sale at target at the curiousity shoppe.
and i spent a little time at urban outfitters